I’ve tried to write up some sort of brief and quirky bio about 5 times now without success. So, I’ll let James Lipton’s Inside the Actors Studio questions do the work for me:
1) What is your favorite word?
‘Thank-you’. Probably the most important words I’ve ever learned.
2) What is your least favorite word?
‘Curdle’ and ‘mucus’ — they both sound exactly like what they are.
3) What turns you on creatively, spiritually, or emotionally?
Honesty, authenticity, and fearlessness.
4) What turns you off?
Willful ignorance and too much enthusiasm.
5) What is you favorite curse word?
Fuck is always nice because it can be used as a verb, noun, adjective–it’s highly versatile. I’m fascinated by c**** because of the inexplicable social stigma behind it. I’m constantly trying to figure out why it’s any worse than any of the other expletives running through my head on a daily basis.
6) What sound or noise do you love?
The sound of jet engines taking off on a runway and pointe shoes on a marley floor.
7) What sound or noise do you hate?
8) What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Being a Mom.
9) What profession would you not like to do?
The editor of those ASPCA commercials with the sad kittens and the Sara McLachlan song.
10) If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
“Don’t worry. It’s always sweater weather here and we’ve got HBO.”